As part of our ACCME reaccreditation process we hosted two surveyors on Monday November 14th for a face-to-face review session.
The surveyors had only a few clarifying questions regarding the Self Study but nothing major. They asked for clarification on all of the following items:
- our role in working with NIH
- our policy on Faculty Honoraria
- description of the types of supporting documents we require for Needs/Gaps the role of the Peer Reviewer identified in our eApplications
Additionally, they had a few questions regarding the activity files that were reviewed. Again, most of these were just questions to be sure they understood what we provided or to seek clarity of materials not provided for activities that had not yet been completed as of the filing date
The next steps are as follows:
- The ACCME may request additional information. If so we should receive that request in the next few weeks and then would have approximately two weeks to respond. In February, the Accreditation Review Committee (ARC) at the ACCME will review the surveyor’s reports and make their determination of what level of accreditation they believe our self study, files and interview warrants.
- In March, the ACCME Board will make the final decision of what level accreditation we will receive for the next term. The March board meeting is at the end of the third week, so we should be notified by the last week of March 2012.